DIGITAL PRODUCT STRATEGIST
Goal-oriented strategist with a track record of delivering complex, scalable digital products. Expert at streamlining teams from conceptualization through development, deployment, and operation. Recognized for delivering detailed work, setting high standards, and consistently advocating for customers and end users alike
20+ years successfully leading teams in digital product strategy, design, and development.
- Expertise includes business analysis, user research and design, solutions architecture, project estimation, scoping, bidding, software development, and system administration.
- Experience with web applications, mobile apps, device firmware, desktop applications, cloud services, open source software, SaaS platforms, and front-end languages/tools.
- Demonstrated sales revenue growth by delivering products and services aligned to long term strategies and goals.
- Known for cultivating strong, cohesive, collaborative teams.
- Development philosophy fosters surfacing risks early and taking an open, cross-functional approach that includes compliance, operations, usability, accessibility, equity, and market relevance.
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, management, problem solving skills with all levels of stakeholders.
- Broad industry expertise (safety, compliance, trades, hospitality/entertainment, publishing, political campaigning, professional services)
Columbia Heights, MN
Managing strategy for a range of organizations such as Blue Earth Interactive, HeightsNEXT, Center Point Plumbing, Hoodwinked House, and the Amáda Márquez Simula political campaign.
Digital Product Strategist
2008 – Present
- Increased sales for a trades contractor by 30% YoY for 10+ years.
- Built a viral blog that was shared 25,000 times in the first year of operation.
- Drove voter outreach to elect a first-time, diversity candidate for mayor resulting in a 10 point lead during the 2020 pandemic.
Leading manufacturer of industrial labels and label printing solutions.
2015 – 2021
- Managed a team of 5 UX engineers, designers, and tech writers.
- Oversaw the design of 3 printers, 11 desktop software applications, 1 cloud service, and 4 native mobile apps.
- Oversaw the design of a new universal firmware platform for OEM hardware, consolidating and modernizing 6 legacy systems.
- Designed a first in-kind label creation mobile app and peripheral printer solution in just 8 months, winning the EC&M 2019 Product of the Year.
St. Louis Park, MN
Multiple consulting engagements focusing on research, user-centered design, information architecture, prototyping, accessibility, and usability testing. Clients included:
- Connexions Loyalty
- Capella University
Digital product research, design, and development agency.
Senior Solutions Architect
2010 – March
Delivered multiple consulting engagements on schedule with zero scope creep including:
- Web applications, mobile apps, cloud applications, etc.
- End-to-end development projects from business needs analysis, requirements gathering, end-user research, strategy proposals, conceptual design, fact-based project estimation, and responsible scoping.
- Conducted pre-sales engineering of an enterprise cloud-based medical provider lookup system and closed the sale within a week of bidding.
SMSC Gaming Enterprise
Prior Lake, MN
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
2008 – 2010
- All digital media, including websites, digital signage, and touch-screen kiosks.
- Providing analysis and migration of unstable websites to a compliant service infrastructure including managed hosting, open source CMS, and enterprise professional services.
KRS Computer & Business School
Bemidji State University