DIGITAL PRODUCT STRATEGIST
Goal-oriented strategist with a track record of delivering complex, scalable digital products. Expert at streamlining teams from conceptualization through development, deployment, and operation. Recognized for delivering detailed work, setting high standards, and consistently advocating for customers and end users alike
28+ years of successfully leading teams in digital product strategy, design, and development.
- Expertise includes business analysis, user research and design, solutions architecture, project estimation, scoping, bidding, software development, and system administration.
- Experience with web applications, mobile apps, device firmware, desktop applications, cloud services, open source software, SaaS platforms, and front-end languages/tools.
- Demonstrated sales revenue growth by delivering products and services aligned to long term strategies and goals.
- Known for cultivating strong, cohesive, collaborative teams.
- Development philosophy fosters surfacing risks early and taking an open, cross-functional approach that includes compliance, operations, usability, accessibility, equity, and market relevance.
- Strong communication, presentation, leadership, management, problem solving skills with all levels of stakeholders.
- Broad industry expertise (safety, compliance, trades, hospitality/entertainment, publishing, political campaigning, professional services)
Amazon – Prime Video
Virtual / New York, NY
Leading 3rd party distributor of live streaming, particularly for sporting events. Publishers monetize their content internationally via Prime Video’s infrastructure and market share.
Principal Solutions Architect
2022 – Present
- UX design of a cloud-based system to automate client onboarding, integrating their live broadcast feeds with 3rd party advertising networks and our streaming technologies.
- Managing a portfolio of 9 enterprise clients, their various projects, and conducting UX research.
- Overseeing the monetization of 75+ new broadcast channels every month, performing validation testing, and researching metrics.
Manufacturer of advanced materials, products, and services for a wide range of industrial and individual purposes.
UX Research Principal
2021 – 2022
● Managing a team of 4 UX Researchers.
● Overseeing new product research of one of the company’s first ever suite of SAAS products.
● Validating and advising the design of 3 integrated digital products, a cross-platform permissions system, a self-service subscription payment portal, integrated sales and marketing tools, and a hardware installation mobile app.
Leading manufacturer of industrial labels and label printing solutions.
2015 – 2021
- Managed a team of 5 UX engineers, designers, and tech writers.
- Oversaw the design of 3 printers, 11 desktop software applications, 1 cloud service, and 4 native mobile apps.
- Oversaw the design of a new universal firmware platform for OEM hardware, consolidating and modernizing 6 legacy systems.
- Designed a first in-kind label creation mobile app and peripheral printer solution in just 8 months, winning the EC&M 2019 Product of the Year.
St. Louis Park, MN
Multiple consulting engagements focusing on research, user-centered design, information architecture, prototyping, accessibility, and usability testing. Clients included:
- Connexions Loyalty
- Capella University
Digital product research, design, and development agency.
Senior Solutions Architect
2010 – March
Delivered multiple consulting engagements on schedule with zero scope creep including:
- Web applications, mobile apps, cloud applications, etc.
- End-to-end development projects from business needs analysis, requirements gathering, end-user research, strategy proposals, conceptual design, fact-based project estimation, and responsible scoping.
- Conducted pre-sales engineering of an enterprise cloud-based medical provider lookup system and closed the sale within a week of bidding.
SMSC Gaming Enterprise
Prior Lake, MN
Mystic Lake Casino Hotel
2008 – 2010
- All digital media, including websites, digital signage, and touch-screen kiosks.
- Providing analysis and migration of unstable websites to a compliant service infrastructure including managed hosting, open source CMS, and enterprise professional services.
KRS Computer & Business School
Bemidji State University